Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Scaloni Signs

Scaloni has signed on loan for the rest of the season. Official. Alan Pardew said today, "I targeted Lionel because, in my view, he is very similar to Tomas Repka. He is strong and aggressive and I am sure our fans will enjoy seeing him play.

It was important to me that we retain the equilibrium of the team, and that is why I have signed a player of Lionel's style ... Initially, I didn't want to take anybody on loan, but when the opportunity arose to sign a player of this quality, I simply couldn't turn it down. Hopefully, it will be a success for us, and a success for him, and it is something that may turn into a long-term deal if all goes well."

It sounds that Scaloni will be expected to play at right back despite his apparent skills as a right-winger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!