Sunday, March 12, 2006

Defoe Regrets Leaving West Ham

Jermain Defoe has apologised for the circumstances of his leaving West Ham.

"I was young, badly advised and made a mistake. I didn't have enough experience to deal with what I was being told. I wish I hadn't put the transfer request in at all, never mind biding my time. People say to me that I should have waited a week and then put it in. But I just wish I hadn't done it at all."

Defoe has spent most of this season on the bench at Spurs and consequently could well have lost the place in the England World Cup Squad that seemed almost guaranteed him a year ago. It looks like Defoe is now trying to wrangle another transfer. West Ham fans would not welcome him back and West Ham's current crop of young in form strikers means that it is unlikely we would bid for him. All Defoe can achieve through this statement is to alienate himself from Spurs fans, who will hardly welcome his confession that he wished he had never left the Hammers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!