Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Katan to Leave, Scaloni to Stay

Yaniv Katan may have played his last game for West Ham. The striker, visiting Israel, told the local press that Alan Pardew, had told him he was not in the club's plans for next season.

"I am a West Ham player at the moment, and I have a contract with the club for another three seasons, but the manager has told me that I do not figure in his plans. So unless something changes and I am told that I can fight for a place on the team, I am finished with West Ham," Katan said.

"At the moment, things aren't clear, and I need a few days to think things over before making a decision. Without a doubt, my first choice is to return to Maccabi Haifa, the club where I grew up and the club that I love," added Katan, who left Haifa for the English Premier League side in January.

Lionel Scaloni on the other hand has said he is confident he will secure a permanent deal with West Ham. According to The Mirror reports in Spain suggest West Ham will offer Scaloni a two-year deal. He said, "I'd like to stay. The final decision will depend on Deportivo."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!