Wednesday, August 16, 2006

West Ham Team Against Charlton

I haven't been so excited pre-season about West Ham's chances for a few seasons. Dean Ashton's injury has dampened my excitement quite a bit, as I had this feeling he was going to set the Premiership alight this season. However we have strength in depth, particulary in attack.

With this in mind I would go for an attacking line up against the Addicks on Saturday. With Etherington injured I would also experiment with Benayoun playing just behind two strikers. So here is the team I would play in a 4-3-1-2 formation:

Goalkeeper

Carroll


Hopefully Green will be fit soon and will seriously challenge Carroll for the number 1 shirt.

Defence

Paintsil Ferdinand Gabbidon Konchesky


Paintsil should get the nod over Mears, has by all accounts done well in the few friendlies he has been involved in and I think will finally solve our problems at right back.

Midfield

Reo-Coker Mullins Bowyer


If Etherington was fit I would say Bowyer should start on the bench, and have to prove his right to start by coming on and doing well as a sub. As it is Bowyer gets my nod over Reid because of his experience. Having Reid on the bench still gives us the opportuity to revert to a 4-4-2, with Reid on the left and Benayoun on the right.

Attacking Midfield

Benayoun


I think with Reo-Coker Mullins and Bowyer we have a strong enough tackling midfield to allow Benayoun to be given more freedom and a more central linking role.

Attack

Harewood Zamora


Harewood's scoring record last season gives him the right to start and I think Zamora's pre-season form should place him ahead of Cole.

So that's my choice (not my prediction, as I think Pardew will stick to a 4-4-2).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!