Monday, December 11, 2006

Alan Pardew Magnanimous on Departure


Sacked West Ham manager this afternoon issued the following statement,

"I am proud of my achievements at West Ham United. When I took the helm they were in the Championship and struggling to find direction. In two consecutive seasons we qualified for the Play-Off final, ultimately achieving the Premiership status the club so richly deserve.

I am also proud of our first season back in the top flight in which we finished ninth and came so close to winning the FA Cup. The supporters have stood by me and I will always cherish memories of their support and loyalty during the difficulties of this season.

I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart. They really are a special set of fans. I am proud most of all of the players, many of whom have developed into top Premiership performers under the tutelage of myself and my backroom staff.

The coaching and medical staff at Upton Park are second to none and I want to wish the new Chairman, Eggert Magnusson, and the Club every success for the future."

Whilst Pardew has perhaps shown some tactical naivety he must feel let down by his players this season. It is a measure of the success he achieved at West Ham that Pardew's name was still being chanted by the fans even as the team struggled on the pitch. And whilst many fans will probably agree it is time for a new manager, many will also believe he was let down this season by certain young West Ham players, who owe much of their present reputation to his management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!