Sunday, December 31, 2006

West Ham Wish List

The Sunday papers, as would be expected on the eve of the transfer window, are awash with rumours. Most of the papers rehash West Ham's interest in Wright-Philips, Mark Viduka, Joey Barton and Darren Bent. The News of the World however claim West Ham could lose Teddy Sheringham to Blackburn or Charlton and The Sunday People claim that Marlon Harewood could be on the way to Middlesborough.

The Star and The Sunday People both claim that West Ham are one of a number of clubs chasing Lucas Neil. The 28 year old Blackburn defender is out of contract in the summer and looks likely to move clubs. Liverpool are favourites to sign the defender but it is rumoured that West Ham are offering him a higher wage.

Javier Mascherano in an interview with The Sunday People seems to confirm that he won't be at West Ham for much longer,

"It is normal that if I am not in the team at West Ham then I will have to leave to continue my career elsewhere. At my age I cannot afford to let my career stay on hold. I came to England to succeed but I have not had the necessary opportunities to succeed.

I don't think Tevez will leave because some days ago he said to everyone that for him the word 'fail' did not exist."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!