Friday, April 13, 2007

Matty Banishes His Demons

Today's Evening Standard has an interview with Matthew Etherington, in which he discusses his gambling problems. Etherington says his problems are now behind him and he is now returning to his best form,

"I was in a bad place at the start of the year and I went to Sporting Chance to sort out my head. Things are a lot clearer now and it's no coincidence my displays have been much better in recent weeks

I had a lot of things going on in my personal life I had to sort out. I've done that now and it's a chapter in my life I can now close. I want to get on with the rest of my life now. I can look forward.

I feel I'm a different person now. The mental state I was in during the first half of the season made it impossible to go onto the pitch and play. That was my own fault but I've come through that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!