Friday, September 14, 2007

Ashton Can Better Heskey

Dean Ashton says he can play the same role for England as Emile Heskey,

"The way he played is a way I feel I could do myself. It's underestimated how important the little touches are that Emile gets. It's so important that everyone links up and that Michael Owen can get in behind into the spaces.

"Without setting the world alight, Emile put in a hell of a performance which from a striking point of view was very significant. I wouldn't say I missed a golden opportunity but I do wish it had been me rather than him. I had been out for a year and hadn't played enough football to show that I'm fit enough.

"I haven't spoken to Steve McClaren for quite a while now so I'm not sure of his views on how he sees me or if he has been to watch me. He liked me enough to pick me in that first squad, but that was a long time ago. A lot of things have happened since then and he has picked Emile Heskey."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!