Sunday, April 13, 2008

West Ham Reserves Win, Tevez Says 'Hey Mista'

Under 18's

West Ham Under 18's finished a great season with a 5-0 thrashing of Birmingham Under 18's. Despite the absence of James Tomkins, Jack Collison and Freddie Sears, who were all in Bolton with the first team the Under 18's made sure their season ended on a high note. Triallist Ahmed Abdulla scored twice, Connor Okus, Ashley Miller and Tom Harvey got West Ham's other goals.

Carlos Tevez

The People report that Carlos Tevez made Alan Pardew play him, although it actually sounds like it was the fans who persuaded Pardew.

"Alan Pardew didn't play me at West Ham, even though the fans were calling for me," said Tevez. "I didn't say anything at first but one day, I had had enough and decided to do it.

"I was on the bench and the fans were shouting my name. So I got up, tapped him on the shoulder and said, 'Mister, they are all chanting for me.'

"He brought me on - I made a name for myself and we saved ourselves from relegation.

"Now I have a better knowledge of the way the game is played here, the movement and the players. Last season was tough. I had won the title with Boca Juniors and with Corinthians in Brazil, but then I came to the Premier League and I was like a nobody."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!