Friday, June 13, 2008

Solano Would Like To Manage Newcastle

A little debate has developed below concerning the possible departure of Ljungberg. I'm actually a bit more upset about the departure of Solano. I think his ageing bones played a bigger contribution to West Ham's season last year than many of his younger team mates.

Football is obviously no longer a sentimental game but I think West Ham owe Solano another year's contract. OK - maybe not owe - but I think Solano did enough for West Ham to deserve another contract.

Solano himself today talked about the possibility of managing Newcastle in the future. For a club that has appointed Fat Sam you've gotta say they've done worse. And considering the revolving door that says 'Manager' at Newcastle he must have a fairly good chance of getting the opportunity sooner or later.

"I am looking for another club," said Solano. "I hope to stay in England for another two years and after that, I will return to Peru. Everybody knows what I feel about Newcastle and those fans, but it would be difficult to ever return there.

"The reason I was forced to leave Newcastle was because of family reasons, and that situation has not changed. But one day, I might be back at Newcastle as manager."

6 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keir, i think you got it really right: I'm actually a bit more upset at losing Solano.

not renewing his contract just seems so stupid to me. there were times when he came onto the pitch and you felt a sense of relief because you just knew that solano was going to give his all and then some. and he never seemed to make some of the disastrous mistakes some of the less experienced plays made. neither did he ever seem to hesitate in front of the net. talk about someone who took his chances!

senseless! and that alone makes me question having any confidence in this management being able to make the right decisions for the coming season.

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

humble and loyal! why throw that away...

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

In Curbs we trust!

I'm not that confident that we are going to improve the squad over the close season. But you can't blame the management until the end of the transfer window.

You would look very stupid if Curbs brings in Ronaldinho and Deco for a million quid.

Now if he fails to capture either of them - then you can complain.

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll believe this when i see it: if Curbs brings in Ronaldinho and Deco for a million quid.

furthermore, if he were to buy someone who is known to hold the club hostage to his whim when he wants to go, well then, more power to him (yes, one of the two players mentioned irritated me to no end this past season. a serious waste of talent)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

Ah but what a talent. Talent always seems wasted on other people - I bet we have all wasted most of the talents that we were born with.

Mind you Ronaldo has jaw dropping talent - and his reactions to goals or decisions that go against him make me either feel 'you smug bastard' or 'you petulant wanker'.

It seems far easier to forgive the George Best's of this world who piss their talents up the wall - at least they seemed to have enjoyed their 'wasting'.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree. Another year s contract for Solano I think wud have benfited the club. His ability from set pieces ,and his creativity /experience undoubtedly wud have been worth some points to us ,even if he is getting on. I can think of other players, probably ones on higher wages, who wud have made more sense to get shot of. This strikes me as adecision that the club will come to regret

g portugal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!