Thursday, March 26, 2009

Injuries are an Opportunity For Young Player

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola has been talking about the opportunities available to some of the younger players by the recent injuries to players like Behrami and Collison. Zola also thinks European qualification is still possible.

"In January we had something like 24 players," said Zola.

"Players were not playing and I don't like having players that were not playing regularly, especially if they are important players. That's why we decided to sell some players and give some players the opportunity to play.

"But then I didn't plan that I was going to have Behrami injured or Collison injured, that is part of the football. I believe that the team is good enough and the squad is good enough to end the season and achieve our objectives.

"We are still there and have a few problems but we will see how they cope. It is an opportunity for me to see some young players and plan for the future. It is a good opportunity for me.
"

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder what curbs would have said if he had sold half the squad then had big injuries? its good to hear zola look at the positives and talk of opportunities for young players. an optomistic manager is such a breathe of fresh air.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!