Tuesday, June 23, 2009

West Ham Confirm Jimenez Loan

West Ham have now confirmed the signing of Chilean forward Luis Jimenez from Inter on a season-long loan, with a view to a possible permanent transfer. Jimenez will now undergo a medical with the club before officially signing on the 1st July.

Jimenez said of his latest move,

"I am very happy, very excited and very determined to show what I can do. I am a player who loves to play football, to be in a team that keeps the ball, to create opportunities and also score goals. I can't promise anything but I am going to do everything possible to do a good job for the club.

"I know West Ham are a fantastic club who have had a lot of great players. I had options to join other clubs but I watched West Ham's last game of the season and I liked it a lot. I preferred this option because I really admire the way they try to play. Gianfranco Zola was one of the things that drew me to West Ham - I can identify with the type of football he wants to play."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!