Monday, July 20, 2009

Sir Trevor Brooking Stand

The Centenary Stand is being renamed the Sir Trevor Brooking Stand.

There will be a formal renaming of the stand before the Bobby Moore Cup game against SSC Napolion Saturday 8 August. Sir Trev will be in attendance for the renaming.

Trevor Brooking said of the announcement,

"It is obviously a terrific honour which I am very grateful for because this is my club. It will be my club forever. The great thing was being able to spend my whole career with West Ham, having a stint as caretaker manager and as a director and then going to the FA.

"I still try and get to most of the home games. On my travels, if I am in a cab or something then everyone talks to me about West Ham because they know I am associated with the club. It is something I am only too pleased about whenever it happens. We have a very passionate and loyal support.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!