Friday, August 28, 2009

Diamanti Signs

West Ham have now officially announced the signing of forward Alessandro Diamanti from AS Livorno Calcio. West Ham say they have bought the striker for an undisclosed fee however it is a bit late for the club to go all coy over the price as Livorno announced two days ago that "West Ham will pay €6.5 million over three years".

Diamanti has suuccessfully passed a medical and agreed a five-year contract with West Ham. Diamanti said,

"I am very happy to be at West Ham United and to get the chance to play for Gianfranco Zola. This is a big club and I want to give everything for the supporters.

"I chose West Ham because the club has the tradition of playing great football. Also because the West Ham fans are really passionate and that is the way I am."

The West Ham official website talk about Diamanti's "long-range shooting and set-piece prowess."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!