Thursday, February 02, 2006

Roeder Appointed to Save Newcastle from Premiership Football!

After the not very shocking sacking of Graham Souness, Glenn Roeder was appointed caretaker manager of Newcastle United. After Roeder's previous managerial successes with Watford and West Ham many are saying that he is just the man to take Newcastle into the Championship. On his appointment today Roeder hit back at some of his detractors,

"With the talent available to me at West Ham some people doubted that I could take them into the then first division but I think I proved them wrong. In fact if you look at my record you will see that I nearly achieved relegation with both Watford and West Ham, unfortunately I was sacked from both jobs before I could realise my dreams. At Newcastle I have the full backing of the chairman and I think I can guarantee Newcastle fans that this time next year they will be watching football in the English Championship."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!