Monday, March 20, 2006

Man City 1 West Ham 2

In the first ten minutes Man City created a few chances. Their clearest chance fell to Kiki Musampa on 10 minutes. He received the ball half way in the West Ham half, ran forward and saw the West Ham defence part in front of him. Luckily his shot, from just outside the box, went flying over the bar. West Ham didn't really look comfortable until City defender Jordan was injured and replaced. The Hammers then started to retain possession more and to put a few passing moves together. However both sides failed to create any clear cut chances until some individual magic by Ashton on the 40th minute. Ashton received the ball just inside the City box, flicked the ball with his right foot behind his left, left the City defence for dead and then drilled the ball with his left foot into the net from 12 yards.

On 50 mins Etherington rifled a dipping shot from 20 yards, which had James beat, but just clipped the top of the bar. On 55 minutes Sun Jihai was clearly obstructing Etherington in trying to shepherd the ball out of play, which he succeeded to do, only, for some unknown reason, to have a lame swing at Etherington. The result was his sending off. For a while City, with ten men, came to life. On 59 minutes Wright-Philips shot from outside the box and just missed past the left post. The game became more open and on 60 mins Benayoun received the ball from Ashton only to mishit his shot from outside the area. On 62 mins Vassel shot again safely into Hislop's hands. On 65 mins Riera shot from the edge of the box along the ground only to see Hislop make an easy save.

After 68 minutes with Dailly lying on the ground injured, Man City refused to kick the ball out. West Ham won the ball back in their own half and on the break Reo-Coker ran at the last City defender, passed the balll left to Benayoun, who ran towards the near post, drawing James before passing sqaure to Ashton who had an easy tap in to an empty goal. Dailly was replaced by Scaloni. On 80 mins Reo-Coker was booked and replaced immediately by Carl Fletcher.

On 85 minutes with West Ham looking in control Dunne crossed back from the right wint to just outside the box and Musampa hit a sweet volley into the back of the West Ham net. On 88 mins Ashton was replaced by Zamora. West Ham faced a nervous last few minutes with City throwing everything forward but West Ham held on for the win.

Semi-final of the cup. Bring it on


At 9:12 PM, Blogger chiron said...

what about Samaras ?

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous greezy pimp said...

Samaras didn't play I believe he is injured


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!