Monday, April 03, 2006

Pards Attacks Referee

Alan Pardew has attacked Rob Styles' handling of the West Ham vs Charlton game, believing the referee allowed Charlton to time waste,

“I went to see Rob and we had a discussion about the responsibilities of all of us to put entertainment on. I felt he didn't encourage Charlton to get going today. Not once. In the second half we were attacking the game and trying to force the goal. There were goal-kicks and throw-ins and he could have encouraged the game and helped the fans as well. He didn't make a single gesture towards that and I just made that point. I think he accepted my argument. It was a nice conversation."

Personally I think it was Charlton who ruined the game. They had two shots all game and obviously came to defend, but that's hardly against the rules. Charlton have made a habit of 0-0 draws recently. After their mid-season slump Curbishley obviously believed that shoring up their defence was his priority.

Whilst Charlton were tedious yesterday I don't remember any excessive time-wasting and West Ham seemed flat themselves.

Other News Tottenham and West Ham are both rumoured to be interested in young Leyton Orient central defender Gabriel Zakuani. The nineteen year old Congolese player has played a big part in Orient's good form this year and despite being under contract until 2008 he is believed to have attracted the attention of a number of clubs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!