Monday, June 19, 2006

Carr Not for Sale, Bilic to Manage West Ham?

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has moved to stop speculation about the future of Irish full-back Stephen Carr. The player is reported to be keen on a return to London having failed to settle on Tyneside. Shepherd however is saying that the player is not for sale,

"Stephen is a member of our first-team squad, he is an experienced, international player. He will be back with the rest of the first-team squad when they return for pre-season training later this month."

West Ham manager Alan Pardew was said to be interested in Carr should he fail in his efforts to land Luke Young from Charlton.

According to The Sun Slavan Bilic has set his sights on managing West Ham. Bilic played for the Hammers for over a year before completing a £4.5million move to Everton in May 1997. The 37-year-old is currently coaching Croatia's Under-21 side but is keen to return to England.

He said: "I love West Ham and I have so many good memories of my time there. I have promised myself that one day I will go back there as the manager."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!