Friday, June 16, 2006

Ward Leaves West Ham

Not long after Spector signs for West Ham, Elliott Ward leaves for Coventry City in a £1 million deal. Presumably Ward has not been happy spending time out on loan and used only as back up for the first team.

Ward was an essential part of West Ham's Chapionship side team and played well towards the tail end of last season when he got his chance to play. I don't know much about Spector but at only 21 Ward was already begininng to look an established defender. Coventry have got a good player on the cheap and I hope West Ham have some quality players on the way in.

One rumour today links West Ham with 23-year-old Cameroon international Modeste M'Bami who plays for Paris St Germain. M'Bami was part of the gold winning Cameroon side at the 2000 Olympic games and according to UEFA.com he is "a powerful midfielder, strong in the tackle and likes to get forward."

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Dead Kenny said...

Having been out of the country last week I missed this news. Can't help feeling this is a mistake (hope his over-reported training ground 'tiff' with Anton didn't promp Pards into making a hasty decision).
I think Elliot deserved another season to show he can cut it in the Prem, and I just hope we got a sell-on clause because I think he'll do very well at Cov...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!