Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Not Another West Ham Blog

Sorry for the self-promotion but I've just completed the redesign of my other (non-football related) blog and would welcome comments/advice on the look/usability of the site.

The site is Virtual Tourism. On this site you can view satellite images of famous locations around the world and watch an accompanying video of the same place.

Have a look I promise you it is amazing.

I first experimented with Google Maps on this site (have a look at the Match Day Pub Guide)but the redesign of the Virtual Tourism blog is I think a big step forward.

Next I'll be working on redesigning this blog - so again any comments on how this blog could be improved will be welcome.

4 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site Ed I'll have a more in depth look when I get the time but it looks very slick. As far as this site goes the content is good, not over opinionated and to the point. It's just a shame so few people leave any comments sometimes I feel like the only bloke in the pub. Good luck with the re-branding

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

Thanks for the comments - you do seem to be the only one who comments here.

Since before the cup final this blog has been averaging over 100 visitors a day. 75% of those who view Hammered are returning visitors - so I'm not sure why people don't comment more.

In the early days of this site I played around with a chat feature -
and got a couple of comments a day on that - I might restore it when I do the redesign as it might generate more discussion.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first time commenting on this site - I've been lurking quite a few times. On the West Ham Blog I really like the clean, simple layout. Please don't lose that when you re-design. It's also good to get a factual and balanced view of what's going on.

The Virtual Tourism site is a great idea - keep it up. It's a great use of Google Maps.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps a simpler comments box Ed, it's not the easiest one I've ever used and it can look a little daunting to a first time user. I agree with the other post about the clean layout some blogs are busier than a sign writers van. very off putting this looks professional not like someone in there bedroom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!