Monday, July 03, 2006

Harewood Staying at West Ham

The bad news is that the rumoured signing of Young and Cole has not been confirmed but the good news is that Harewood has claimed his future lies at West Ham. Harewood issued a statement today saying,

"I am completely happy at West Ham and I've got no intention of leaving the Club. I'm looking forward to seeing all the boys again when we return to pre-season training later this week and I'm excited about the new season. I'm sure we'll all be fired up and raring to go, because we've now got another point to prove - we want to build on the success of last season and go one step better next year.

I want to be a part of that, and I also want the West Ham fans to know that I am fully committed to the Club and looking forward to the new season."

Alan Pardew also dismissed the rumours,

"I am not surprised to hear other clubs are interested in Marlon. He had a terrific season last year and was our most improved player. His pace, power and strike rate would be an asset to any club. But Marlon is not for sale. The fans love him here and he has become a hero with his many goals, not least of all the winner in our FA Cup semi final win over Middlesborough.

"He is on a long contract with us and, like the rest of the squad, is looking forward to the club's European campaign and improving on our successes of last year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!