Tuesday, December 05, 2006

West Ham to Good to Go Down

Well we've heard it before but the new West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson believes West Ham are too good to go down,

"My ambition is to finish in mid-table and take it from there next season. I think we are good enough to be in a much better position than we are at the moment and hopefully we will have some improvement over the rest of the season.

I am not worried - I honestly think we are far too good to go down and it's a long season and there are many points to be won. Any team like us that has won our last three home games should have confidence.

It is not even in the back of my mind that we will not be in the Premier League next season. Of course we know it can happen and there is a plan if it did happen but it is not in my mind."

Magnusson also revealed that West Ham will be making an offer for Shaun Wright-Philips,

"Peter Kenyon knows I'm interested and we will sit down to have a chat in the not too distant future. In terms of other targets for the transfer window, the list is not finalised. I have had a meeting with Alan Pardew about it and we will continue to meet and discuss the future."

Magnusson also seemed to confirm that Tevez and Mascherano will stay till the end of the season but perhaps not beyond that,

"My understanding is that there is a FIFA regulation that says players cannot play for more than two clubs in one season, so they should be staying with us until the summer. After that it is not up to us because we don't own the players. There is a consortium that owns the players.

In the summer we have to talk to them because they can take them away to another club if they want to."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!