Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ashton Making Progress

The West Ham official site today claims that "Dean Ashton is close to completing his rehabilitation" but reading between the lines it seems Ashton still won't be back for a number of weeks.

Ashton himself sounds positive that his enforced absence is coming to an end,

"The ankle is feeling good and I have been very happy with how things have gone recently. I've been running and kicking a ball, which has been fantastic, and the physios have been first class with me.

I'm not going to name a date for my return to full training with the rest of the squad, but I'm feeling very positive about the situation and I can see that I'm getting closer to reaching my goal."

Head Physiotherapist Steve Allen says,

"We have been delighted with the progress that Dean has made recently, and he really has stepped up his rehabilitation in the past couple of weeks.

To see him running and kicking a ball freely is wonderful, and we are now reaching the stage where he can really push on with his fitness work in the next few weeks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!