Friday, January 05, 2007

West Ham's Newest Player Speaks

In an interview on the West Ham official site Luis Boa Morte has discussed his decision to join a struggling West Ham side,

"I'm delighted to have signed for West Ham United. After spending the last 10 years in England playing for some great clubs, I now have a chance to play for another one.

Alan Curbishley has given me the opportunity to join what I consider to be one of the biggest clubs in the country, and I am really happy to be here. Yes, I considered the fact that West Ham United are currently in the bottom three of the Premiership but even with that, I quickly decided that the opportunity was too good to turn down.

West Ham is a massive club and I wouldn't have signed if I didn't think we could avoid relegation. I definitely believe we can improve, and I am excited about the challenge that is ahead.

It has all happened suddenly. I only got a call from my agent on Wednesday, but the deal was agreed very quickly between the two clubs and then it was very simple to discuss the terms and take the medical. It was sad for me to leave Fulham, I had six and a half wonderful years there, and I would just like to say thank you to the entire Fulham family - the board, the coaching staff, the supporters and my team-mates.

However, I felt it was time for a new challenge, and now it is time to look forward and concentrate on my new career with West Ham United. I am looking forward to playing in front of the supporters. I had to miss the recent match between Fulham and West Ham because of injury, but I attended the game and I could not believe the number of away fans that travelled to support their team, just two days before Christmas.

I also remember the fantastic atmosphere at Upton Park last season - it is a very special place and the support at the stadium is unbelievable. Now I want to do everything I can to help West Ham climb the table. I am the type of player who will fight for the shirt, and I promise I will do that at West Ham."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!