Thursday, February 01, 2007

Macherano Sad To Leave West Ham

Javier Mascherano was surprisingly gallant on his leaving of West Ham today,

"I am sad that it didn't work for me at West Ham. I came with great hope and I don't know why they didn't pick me. Every day I was there, training hard, just in case. I didn't complain, but I accepted that I was not in the plans of Alan Pardew or Alan Curbishley.

My time at West Ham wasn't what it was meant to be, I was excited to be joining the club. They haven't won much and I wanted to help to change that - and I feel bad that I couldn't.

Today I went and said goodbye and the players wished me good luck. I have to take a positive from this; I have never been at a club where I was not wanted in the team, where I wasn't an important player. It is an experience I would not wish to repeat."

So even Mascherano doesn't know why the two Alans refused to pick him. Surely someone knows.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a sorry turn out at the end of the day. Mascherano is a very talented paper and the thought of him playing for West Ham really excited me when we signed him, probably more so than Tevez. I think someone at Upton Park owes us (the fans) an explanation. I cannot fathom how a player who is wanted by Liverpool can't get into a distinctly average West Ham side!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!