Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Benayoun Pledges to Stay at West Ham

Yossi Benayoun has pledged to stay at West Ham despite interest from a number of other Premiership clubs. The Guardian quotes Yossi as saying,

"I think this is a great club with the history and the passion of the fans. It was definitely the right move for me. I live in an area where there are a lot of West Ham fans. I do get stopped quite a lot but I don't mind. The supporters are always very polite and nice to me and at the moment they are saying they believe we can survive. This season may not be going the way we would have hoped but I am still happy at West Ham and hope to have a long future here.

In January the manager brought in a lot of good signings who have a lot of quality. The luck does not seem to be on our side in terms of injuries with Matthew Upson and Lucas Neill both suffering so quickly. Hopefully players will come back, stay fit and we can start to have a more consistent team. And that will help get results."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!