Monday, September 10, 2007

West Ham Statistics

Because there isn't much news around at the moment I've spent some time searching around on the West Ham Stats site. It's a great site for those obsessed with West Ham statistics or who just want to wallow in a little nostalgia.

The site has season summaries going back to the 1895/1896 season (actually there is only one result available for that year - a stonking 5-0 victory away to Chatham). The records for Hammer of the Year go back as far as the 1957/58 season (Andy Malcolm) and there are player statistics for just about every player I can remember.

A little information I gleaned from the site was that the first game I attended was over 31 years ago. It took place on 20th March 1976 away to Arsenal. We lost 6-1. The West Ham side that day included Alan Curbishley and Mervyn Day. It obviously wasn't one of Mervyn's better days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!