Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Bellamy Nowhere Near to Coming Back

According to Alan Curbishley West Ham striker Craig Bellamy is some way from returning to the first team,

"Freddie Ljungberg's back and Scott Parker came through 70 minutes, but Craig Bellamy and some of the others are nowhere near to coming back."

The good news for Alan Curbishley is that defender Anton Ferdinand should be back in contention in a fortnight,

"I'm running again and my hamstring's getting stronger, so I'm just hungry to play football," Ferdinand said. "I'm about another two weeks away, or maybe a little bit longer to be on the safe side.

"I'm targeting the Everton league game, but with hamstrings you never know. It's not about speed of recovery, it's about making sure everything's right and then I'll be ready to go."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!