Thursday, December 13, 2007

Eggy's Thanks West Ham Fans

Eggert Magnusson paid tribute to the West Ham fans on leaving the club today,

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at West Ham. From the moment that Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson and I formed the consortium to bid for the Club, it has been an honour to be involved. Now that I have sold my financial stake in the Club and I need to focus a little more on my interests overseas, I think it is the right time to stand down as Chairman.

"The last twelve months have not been without their challenges but I feel that we have emerged stronger and fitter as a Club. Bjorgolfur has always supported me as Chairman and I am pleased that he has decided to take over the role to help the Club move on to the next level.

"I would like also to pay a special tribute to the West Ham fans who, I believe, have shown themselves over many years to be the best in the country. My thanks to everybody who has worked with me in my time here and I wish the Club every success for the future. I will still be cheering on the team whenever time permits."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!