Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Upson Reveals Source of West Ham Injuries

The Daily Star claim that West Ham defender Matthew Upson bought a car he couldn't fit into. The Daily Star printed this 22 minutes after April Fool's Day, so I suspect it is as genuine as any of their stories (or maybe more).

I was sitting around at my mum’s house after an injury," said Upson. "I was watching a lot of Top Gear and for some reason I decided to buy a bright orange and black Lamborghini.

“Unfortunately, I couldn’t fit into it. It was beautiful, but I only did about 400 miles in it before I had to sell. It was killing my back. My family seemed to think it was hilarious.


So now we know the source of West Ham's injury problems - it's all those baby cars the players have been buying.

In other news:

West Ham loanee Zavon Hines scored a reputed 'left foot stunner' in Coventry City's draw with Sheff Wed last night.

Ex West Ham striker Paolo Wanchope has become manager of Costa Rican side Herediano, replacing the sacked Javier Delgado. Wanchope said on his appointment,

"It is a very important challenge for me. I know the risk is big, but I was born in Herediano and my love for this club was bigger than risks. I know the squad, the players and I'm sure there are a lot of things we can improve on."

Kyle Reid, currently on loan at Crystal Palace, seems to want to leave West Ham. Here is what he has said on his recent loan move and his plans for the future,

"At the end of the season I'll sit down with Alan and see what his plans are for me and then have a talk with my agent and think what his opinion is on what I should do. I will hopefully listen to whatever clubs are interested as well and probably hear what the gaffer has to say here and see whether he wants me to stay.

"I'm pleased to come here because it's still in London and not far for me to travel or my family. I think Palace is a good club as well.

"I've been playing reserves for four or five years now and it's not really challenging me anymore. I just wanted to get out there and play first team football either in the Championship or Premier League.
"

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The article appeared in the Sunday Times "Money" section last Sunday. It was an interview with Matthew Upson concerning his finances. The quote is from his "worst" investment.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Kyle Reid s assessment is sensible. He needs to be playing,and if that means dropping down to the Championship and getting first team football,then so be it. The only way he will get better is by playing in real matches every week,as opposed to reserve matches. He s got almost no chance of even making the bench at west ham, even when we have many injuries ,so the player has got to look after his career. it will be ashame to see him go,but it s probably what is best for him

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!