Sunday, June 29, 2008

West Ham News Round-Up

West Ham defender James Collins has been talking about recovering from cruciate knee ligament damage in time to play for Wales in September,

"I hoped to come back for the start of the Wales campaign," said Collins. "The way I'm going it looks do-able so as long as I keep progressing I don't see a reason why I can't have a chance of playing in those games."

"If someone had told me when I did it I'd be back playing again at the start of September I'd have taken it. I may play a few reserve games in the middle to the end of August and then be available for full first team games, probably at the start of September."

Kumb say that West Ham are set to announce the signing of highly-rated teenager Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson early next week. The young centre-half is a regular in Iceland's U-21 squad. He was also named in UEFA's team of the tournament at last year's under 17s Championship.

The Sunday Express say that Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen is now wanted by Portsmouth as well as West Ham. They say he is available for £5m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!