Thursday, June 26, 2008

West Ham News Round-Up

You can tell that there is a serious absence of any real transfer rumours when the big story on Sky concerning West Ham is that one of the players is not leaving.

That's right West Ham fans favourite John Pantsil says he plans to stay at Upton Park,

"Some clubs have made attempts to lure me. But what I can say for now is that I am happy at West Ham United and I am prepared to stay on.

"My manager Alan Curbishley is highly impressed with my output so far and is not prepared to let me go - therefore I will stay at the club.
"

Keiron Dyer says that Lucas Neill is 'the best captain I've ever had'.

As a player, if you have got a problem, he will sort it out,” said Dyer. “He is a great man.

“He thought the players were low
(after the 4-1 defeat at Manchester United in May) and suggested a get together to build team spirit up. That’s the kind of man he is.

Meanwhile new Blackburn manager Paul Ince is looking forward to returning to West Ham as a manager,

“I looked at the fixtures and noticed straight away that West Ham was the third game. The trip to Upton Park was the one that stood out to me for some reason. I can’t think why!

“But we’ve got Everton and Hull to play before then and it will be an exciting time for me.

“Not long ago I was thinking about games against Darlington and Rochdale, no disrespect to them.

“Now here I am looking at when we are going to be playing against Manchester United and Chelsea – and West Ham, of course.”

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must say i find it shocking that Ince was given this job. What experience does the guy have managing at the top level? How much experience does he have managing full stop? The guy doesn t even have a UEFA licence . Perhaps he ll prove me wrong ,but I can t see it working. No excuses for WHU not finishing above Blackburn now ,even if they manage to hold on to Bentley or Santa Cruz,or both for that matter

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear ,regarding Pantsil. It took Curbishley awhile to be prepared to give the guy a chance, but I think he showed he has something to offer West Ham. He also happens to be one of the few members of the current crop that have managed to develop a rapport with supporters.

g portugal

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK in the absence of any real news to talk about how about some controversy!!!

I have given "Judas" an EastEnd welcome on his returns to UP over the years but I feel that it is great that Paul Ince has been appointed manager of a premiership club.

Not only is he the third ex-hammer manager in the top flight.
He came through the youth training program.
He is leading the way for other black players / managers / officials and players.
He is English.
...and at WestHam we have (or had?) a reputation for supporting all of the above.

He has the ambition, drive and strength to succeed and I feel that it is great that he has been offered the job subject to him passing the necessary UEFA exams within 2 years (which he will do)

flammer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!