Saturday, June 21, 2008

West Ham After Kapo

Various sources claim that West Ham are keen on signing Olivier Kapo, after his agent said he wanted to quit Birmingham.

Did you see that?

Apparently his agent said Kapo 'wanted to quit Birmingham'. Now West Ham, Blackburn and Wigan are all said to be vying for his signature. Now who is doing all the talking here? And really who is going to believe it?

Now you could ask me why I repeat all this rubbish.

And I could counter why do you keep reading it?

And read it you do. The daily visits to this site are up by about 20% since the end of the season. Let me save you the trouble - take a break - come back at the beginning of next season. Nothing is going to happen. West Ham aren't going to sign any superstars whilst you are away.

At the beginning of August the club will sign someone you think that you have heard of (but you wouldn't swear on it). He will have a brilliant compilation video on YouTube which will be five minutes long (and will consist of the only five minutes of good football he has ever played). The new signing will then be injured in training before the season starts. You will then have to wait another year before you get to watch him anyway.

So what are you going to miss - seriously now - go away, there are far better things you could be doing with your day.

7 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how right you are - but I'll keep looking just in case....

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's something to do whist I am eating my conflakes

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Tube will have their work cut out if its Stephen Carr. I am not sure if videos were around the last time he was fully fit. Would be curious to see who was slower and fatter though: him or Lucas Neil. Imagine, keeping Lucas Neil in the team for his pace! Still, he's only the captain, when all's said and done.

Its all very quiet, but given Curbishly's trasfer record to date that's maybe not a bad thing. I wouldn't mind seeing Darren Bent arrive but those free spending days seem over. Andy Johnson is too injury prone, and apart from penalties isn't all that prolific. I believe the priority should be a right back and a forward who can actually run and tackle.

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mant to say "full back" who can actually run and tackle. A forward who can both run and score would be a novelty.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

I tend to rant a bit after closing time. I keep promising myself I won't post after going down the pub, however after a few drinks I tend to forget :)

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fair point - but you must admit the names we are linked with don't exactly fill you with hope. I wouldn't mind, but I was stone cold sober. Surely he won't buy anyone else with a dubious injury record!! You can see why Steve McLaren pipped him for the England Manager's job.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Si Jewell said...

ill never stop reading this, and i encourage more drunken posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!