Sunday, September 14, 2008

West Ham in the Sunday Papers

The News of the World say Chelsea are demanding £4.8 million in compensation for Steve Clarke. A friend of Clarke's say they are treating him with utter contempt'.

The Guardian quote Gianfranco Zola as saying the West Ham job is a 'risk' for him but that he feels he is capable of doing the job. He says he wants respect from the players but will get nasty if he has to,

"Trust me, to have authority or respect from players you don't have to shout all the time as long as you prove that what you're doing is for the goodness of the team. I'm sure they'll understand you and respect you. If it is going to be necessary for me to become a little bit nasty then I will become nasty, it's not a problem for me."

The Guardian also report the rumours yesterday that Dubai Investment Capital have made preliminary enquiries about buying West Ham.

The People report that Julian Dicks would be happy to return to West Ham under Zola. He says that he and Di Canio both have passion and you need somebody who 'cares' for the club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!