Friday, September 12, 2008

Zola Will Have Money

Scott Duxbury has claimed that Zola will be given the chance to build a team, which presumably means the club are prepared to let him buy players.

"It's about building a team around him and that's what we will do. So it won't be the cheap option because we will be building this team around him to move the football club forward. The style of football and what we can achieve with Gianfranco is going to be superb."

Meanwhile Zola continues to promise entertaining football,

"My first target will be to make it as enjoyable as possible for the players and once that happens I'm sure their performances will be better.

"Then the crowd will get the best of them. That is my philosophy. This club is ambitious and I am too. I want this team to get better and one day get into the Champions League. And it will be quicker than you think because once the players realise what I want they will feel the freedom."

4 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger DavidC said...

This all sounds good. Z wasn't my first choice I have to say. Mancini looked great...but now lets's move on. We have a really positive choice here. A chance for an attractive style of attacking football with new players coming in in January. I think perhaps the board had lost faith in Alan's record in the transfer market and that is why the cash dried up. We can wish Alan well.... but let's look forward to some enthusiasm and positive football.

Let's go on and win something!

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most likely there will be a clear out of players that Zola doesn't want in January and that will raise the money for new players.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All sounds great but remember anon 2.34 no-one wanted the likes of LBM and Quassie in the last window and FL had to be paid to go, what will change in January?

Still the Sheff Utd cloud will be gone then, we should be 6 points clear at the top, cats will have learned to keep out of my way and Liverpool will be in administration. I feel a warm glow.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So zola will have the money!!! right and in this fantasy world i am 21 again ,6ft 2in,not overweight and going out with kylie.
wishful thinking
believe it when i see it.
west ham till i die
bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!