Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Zola Appoints Himself West Ham Manager

Gianfranco Zola, speaking to The Daily Mail, has more or less confirmed himself as the new West Ham manager and has promised exciting football.

This is an opportunity in the Premier League and an opportunity I didn’t expect, but it’s an opportunity I can’t turn down,’ he said. ‘The hardest thing was to say goodbye to those players in the dressing room. Everything has to be agreed with the federation, but I am confident that it will be resolved when I return to Italy. There are still talks, but I am sure they will go well.

I only know one way to play: on the floor, attacking football, the way things should be done.

I want to excite people, that is why we play, isn’t it? This is a new era, a new chapter for me. I was an offensive player, who only knew one way to play. That is how my teams will always play.

I know there is a rivalry between Chelsea and West Ham, but that is not a problem. My playing career is in my past.

I think that more or less confirms things.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger DavidC said...

Hmmmm

I so wanted Curbishly to go. Mancini and laudrup had won things as managers. That is exciting.

Giving Zola a chance to cut his teeth as a manager is slightly less exciting.

Let's hope...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!