Monday, September 08, 2008

Laudrup Out of the Running

Michael Laudrup seems to be out of the running for the West Ham manager's position. Spartak Moscow claim that Laudrup is about to become their manager,

"The contract hasn't been signed yet but I think this will take place on Tuesday or Wednesday," says Spartak executive director Valery Karpin.

Laudrup himself seems to be keeping his options open, 

"I cannot say that everything is settled.  The final decision I will make in the next few days. But the chances are quite high though I prefer to wait till all matters are settled.

The first problem is football itself. It is important to understand what the team have and want."

That last sentence suggests that West Ham have no chance of signing Laudrup unless they promise to give him a hefty transfer kitty. Judging by the noises coming out of West Ham that sounds unlikely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!