Monday, March 15, 2010

Parker Aiming for the World Cup

Scott Parker says he still has hopes of making the England squad for the World Cup. Parker also says that Gianfranco Zola has the support of the whole dressing room.

"I know everyone says nice men don't make good managers but everybody in that changing room would back him (Zola) to the hilt.

"He's got Steve Clarke alongside him and they work well together. Gianfranco has that tough side. When you are so passionate about football, as he is, whether you are a nice guy or not, that passionate side is going to come out.

"I always think about England," he continued.

"When every squad is named, I think maybe I could have a chance or come in if somebody gets injured.

"But if I'm being honest, I would have thought I would have been involved a little bit more by now. All I can do is keep playing well for West Ham. If something comes of that, then brilliant."



David Sullivan still seems to be pursuing a move to the 2012 Olympics Stadium. According to the BBC, David Sullivan says that West Ham would pay half of the gate receipts for each home match played at the Olympic Stadium.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Ian the Hammer said...

Scott, if you & the other players think so much of GFZ why did we not show up at Burnley & against Bolton? We will go down if we play like this against Wolves!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!