Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tomkins Signs New Deal with West Ham

The Newcastle Chronicle today reported that James Tomkins wanted to move to Newcastle and 'asked to leave' West Ham. They report that Newcastle therefore now expect to sign Tomkins in the summer.

Unfortunately the Newcastle Chronicle didn't bother to check out the West Ham website before reporting. If they had done they would have seen that far from wanting to leave West Ham Tomkins has signed a new contract that runs until summer 2016.

Tomkins said on signing a new contract with West Ham,

"I'm really pleased that I've signed a new contract at the club. It's nice to end the speculation about what people have been saying in the papers and commit my future to the club and concentrate on my football.

"By signing this deal, I'm showing my commitment to the club as they've been brilliant to me this year with all the support they have given to me and the rest of the players. If they continue doing that then together we can return the club back to the Premier League, where we believe we belong.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Begs the question ,how do people get away with shoddy journalism like this. Are there not courts and jail sentences for people who fabricate and distribute false information deliberately?

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news
Was at match yesterday Tomkins along with Read played very well good pairing.
But we still can not score in open play.
A new striker is urgent!! cole yet again had a poor match first touch was awful.
still top of the table
coyi
Bob The Hammer

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite agree with all the comments above but the cynic in me can't help wondering if it is just a ruse to increase the price we get in the summer.
The only way I'd accept him going to the barcodes is if we got Demba Ba back in exchange!

John V P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!