Thursday, August 10, 2006

Matty Out of West Ham's First Three Games

Mathew Etherington was injured in a challenge with Marlon Harewood in a training session and will miss West Ham's first three games of the season. The striker fell on Etherington, who damaged his knee in the collision. Pardew has responded to the injury by stating his desire to sign another wide player,

"I have made it quite obvious I need a wide player in the group. I want a player who is of the same calibre as Matty and Yossi Benayoun," he said.

"We have had a few routes closed on us. There are still a few options but I want to make sure I bring in the right player."

It is hoped that Matty will be fit in time for West Ham's opening UEFA game on 14 September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!