Thursday, December 21, 2006

Curbs Says 'Get Behind Captain'

Alan Curbishley has made a plea for West Ham fans to get behind Nigel Reo-Coker. Speaking in response to the letter Reo-Coker received this week the West Ham manager urged the fans to spur the team on,

"I am asking all the West Ham fans to get behind the team and get behind Reo-Coker as well. I don't want to make a big thing about it. We are not in the best of positions and we do need to win some games to pull ourselves away from the position we find ourselves in.

However in defending his under fire captain there also seemed a hint of annoyance that the letter was made public by Reo-Coker's agent,

" I don't want make something big out of something that was not so big. I know it has been put out in the open but it is not such a big deal. If I declared every abusive letter I got then I would be in the papers every other day. It has got out. I don't even know whether it was a West Ham fan who sent it, who knows? We all get letters like that so let's just get on with it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!