Sunday, December 17, 2006

Magnusson Explains

Eggert Magnusson in The Independent explains his decision to sack Alan Pardew as West Ham manager,

"When I came here, I said the future of this club was with Alan Pardew. I'm sorry to say how quickly that changed. Sheffield United was my first game here and to be honest we were lucky to win that game [1-0]. At Everton [0-2] we had a very good first half and were unlucky not to score a goal, but that Everton side had a lot of injuries and were not very strong, so I thought before the game that was probably a chance for us to do something.

Then came the Wigan game [a 2-0 home defeat] that was very disappointing, and the Bolton game [0-4], that was indeed shocking. I think many of you saw my expression on the television, I am like this [grimaces]. I never hide my feelings at a football game.

After the Bolton game I felt it was my responsibility to act. We have five very important games until the new year and the January transfer window coming up, so I felt it was my responsibility as chairman to make this decision. It was very tough, but sometimes you have to take tough decisions."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!