Wednesday, December 13, 2006

West Ham Press Announcement

At a press conference this afternoon Eggert Magnusson welcomed Alan Curbishley as the new West Ham manager,

"I am absolutely delighted that Alan has agreed to join us. He is a manager with a proven track record and a real love for this Club. He did a fantastic job at Charlton and I know how highly regarded he is throughout the football world.

We are also delighted that Mervyn Day will join the Club as Assistant Manager, and I am aware of how much this Club means to him. This is a great day for West Ham United and I am sure that we now have the right management team in place to take the Club forward.

On behalf of everyone at West Ham United, I welcome Alan and Mervyn - two of our former players, who are now back where they belong."

Alan Curbishley also spoke of his appointment,

"I'm deeply, deeply delighted. It's a privilege to be here. I'm looking forward to lifting us out of the position we are in. I never really fulfilled my potential as a player I hope to as a manager.

I have been made aware that there are some funds. First of all I need to meet the players. Everybody needs a lift. West Ham as a club should be looking towards the top end of the table. Everybody has got a clean slate."

When asked about Alan Pardew's dismissal Magnusson said, "I was really shocked about the motivation showed against Wigan and Bolton. I took a decision, it was very tough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!