Thursday, December 07, 2006

We Are In Big Trouble

Alan Pardew apologised to the fans after West Ham's poor performance last night and pointedly also warned the players that their Premiership status is under threat,

"We haven't had too many displays this year where you have thought 'my God, that was no good at all'. We did not give a display worthy of ourselves. On behalf of the players I apologise to the fans, who have paid good money tonight.

We have had a good long chat in the changing room about the examination we will get in the next two games (against Bolton and Manchester United). It will be a test of our character and spirit.

Our status is now under threat, their status as Premier League players is under threat and we have to stand up and be counted. They had better realise it. When they get home tonight and see the league table it will soon sink in."

Pardew also dropped a hint that there might be changes for the game against Bolton,

"After the performance against Wigan, I'm tempted to change things around. So far, I've been pretty loyal to my tried and trusted players but I've got to decide between now and Saturday whether I'm going to stay that way. After all, this is the time when I now need to see a reaction from my players."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!