Friday, January 05, 2007

Curbs on Boa Morte Signing

Alan Curbishley speaking to the official West Ham website welcomed his first signing for the club,

"I'm very pleased that we have been able to get the deal done so quickly. I like players who are versatile, and Luis can play on the left, on the right, through the middle as a centre-forward, and even as an attacking midfielder.

He is also very experienced, which is something I think we need and have been endeavouring to bring in. We have some very exciting young players, but I just felt we needed more experience in certain areas to help them out.

The signing also puts other players under pressure, and that is what football is all about. Luis has great pace, a fantastic left foot, and he makes and scores goals. He is also very much a team player, and I am delighted to have got him.

We are currently juggling a lot of balls in terms of the players we have targeted in this transfer window, and they haven't all come down yet, but this is a good start and I am sure Luis will make a big impact for us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!