Monday, January 22, 2007

West Ham Captain Speaks

In an interview with Sky Sports Nigel Reo-Coker says he has rediscovered his form,

"I feel like I am back to my best and I'm doing it consistently now. So much has been said about me, things said about my future and a lot of things that people don't know about.I have been unhappy about things that have been said but my major disappointment is that nobody came out and backed me earlier.

It would have been nice if a few more people from the club and management had got behind me but it is fine now and all settled and in the past.

However, I think the whole situation has made me stronger and now I feel I can get back to doing it on the pitch.

We feel we have let ourselves down because of the position we found ourselves in early on.

We haven't found ourselves 2-0 ahead for a long time and have to learn to keep leads like that. We have to be hard on ourselves and can't afford to concede soft goals if we're going to get out of the mess we're in.

At least we are scoring goals again now which always gives you a chance - and there is more than a belief that we can stay up."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!