Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ashton Staying, Tevez Going

Eggert Magnusson insists that Dean Ashton will be staying at West Ham next season regardless of whether the club is relegated or not.

"Dean Ashton is here to stay as I see it. He hasn't played all season, so I have no doubts that he will be a West Ham player for years to come. He has to start playing games before he can interest other clubs, then you can start to speculate, but he has to reach the level he was at before."

However Magnusson says Argentinian forward, Tevez, who is still part-owned by Kia Joorabchian of Media Sports Investment, would be able to leave the Hammers and there is not a lot he can do about it.

"I'm sorry, but I have no control of that. It is not West Ham who owns Tevez.

I would never enter into contracts where the club does not own the player. You'll have to ask the former owners why they did.

I don't see that the Premier League has any case to deduct points from West Ham. As I see it there are no problems with registration of these two players. My lawyers tell me so and that is our thinking.

There are other problems, but at this stage I cannot speak publicly because of the inquiry. I hope now that a decision may be a matter of two weeks away."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!