Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tevez Cool Over United Link

According to TeamTalk Carlos Tevez has denied receiving an offer from Manchester United,

"As far as I am aware, I have not received any official offers. Once an offer arrives then we will see. But the fact that Real Madrid, Internazionale and Manchester United are interested in me makes me proud.

"If I have to stay at West Ham, it would be fine. I am happy there and people love me very much."

The website cites Argentina national newspaper Clarin as its source for these quotes.

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story was started by some hack journalist and repeated as fact. What better way for the media to get Kia and Eggy at one another. Tevez said earlier in the week he didn't want to think about it till after the Copa America so why would he be in the middle of negotiations 2 days later. I would expect serious dealing in a couple of weeks time.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

I've got a feeling that these quotes from TalkSport actually come from a couple of weeks ago. I've looked on The Clarin website and they have two articles about Tevez dated today and in neither one does Tevez talk about Manchester Utd or West Ham.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Keir Clarke said...

I hope your right about this being made up. The Mail in particular have been trying to stir things up and The Mail and The Times are the two papers that keep hinting at damaging documents held by Joorabchian.

However the BBC are also running with the story and they are normally fairly accurate.

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, but they are only picking up on the story repeated on 5 live this morning which was just a reworking of The Times article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!