Monday, September 17, 2007

I Expect to Score in Every Game

Dean Ashton, pleased to have opened his account this season, still thinks there is room for improvement.

“When I scored, I felt a bit of everything. It had been a long time since I scored a Premiership goal so this was special for me. Even though it was only from a few yards it meant a lot.

I could set myself targets for the season but I expect to score in every game. That is the aim. If I don’t score, I am always disappointed. There are still improvements I can make. I feel fit, while you have to play games to get sharpness.

It’s always nice to get the first goal and an important win which puts us right up there. The international break was a good thing as it meant I could get a few reserve games under my belt. It made the difference as I felt a lot better in the game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!