Wednesday, November 14, 2007

West Ham Two Wins from Wembley

Lucas Neill says he wants to finish his career with West Ham. Neill was criticised by the media for joining West Ham rather than Liverpool last year but Neill has defended his decision by saying that West Ham are two wins from a final.

"I'm the captain of West Ham United and I would love to finish my career here but we've been through a sticky patch and the last thing I'm thinking about is myself.

We're in the Carling Cup quarter-finals and in the top half of the league and if we're in that position come Christmas we'll have a lot to build on. I came here to win things and I'm two wins from a cup final.

People are talking about us having a good, solid season but I actually want a little bit more out of it. Hopefully eighth place is the minimum we'll get."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Google Add to My Yahoo!